Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, December 26, 2016

I’m In It To Win It

Monday Motivation 

"Let me look upon the life 
I have led so far with gratitude. 
For it has taught me in preparation
- for the life I am about to lead." 

~ by Eleesha,
Author of - The Soul Whisperer



Christmas Eve morning I received news that lacked humanity and any sense of compassion, with no concern for a human life, and filled with deception. Instead of allowing that news to steal my holiday joy, I put it on the shelf (with our Elf) and went to my Mom’s for Christmas Eve dinner—to enjoy the holiday. To smile bright, and to share the holiday with those I love.


I had the opportunity to spend Christmas Eve with my husband, mom, dad, and sisters. My eldest daughter and 3 grandkids, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephew were there. We were missing some of the kids because of working and logistics, but they were there in spirit. My mom and dad have been divorced for 45 years.

Together my sisters and realized how short life is, and how full of gratitude we are to have our parents, each other, and our families. The end of a very challenging year was filled with renewed strength and a sense of hope with the love of family. Despite how Christmas Eve morning began, this was my best Christmas ever. 
It's not what happens to us in life, 
it's how we deal with those events.

Christmas morning I was gifted with the words of wisdom before I went to my eldest daughter’s home for the best Christmas day ever…


Those of us who have received the greatest blessings will also be faced with the greatest burdens. I have been blessed in my life many times over. I have also been faced with many burdens. However, I was reminded on Christmas morning that we face those burdens because we have been blessed with opportunity. Find that opportunity, carry the burden, and this season of challenge shall pass.

If you don’t give up, your time will come.

 

When faced with the most daunting challenges of life, do not give up. Find strength and courage to know that everything happens for a reason. Your burden may just be your blessing—designed with opportunity. If you are facing challenges of our own, join me in saying, "I'm in it to win it!" Do not give up, as you, too, were blessed with preparation for your incredible future that is just around the corner.
Choose to see the opportunity 
in every challenge...

Happy Holidays!
XO Karlene 

Author of:
I am Awesome. The ABCs of me. 



Catch up on the series so you will be ready!

 Flight For Sanity coming February 2017


Motivation and Children too! 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas despite the bad news you got. You are so blessed with still having your parents and those Beautiful sisters, children and grandchildren.

    XOXO An

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you An, I have thought so much about your loss, and those of us who have our family with us ... sometimes we take our loved ones for granted, because we all know they are there. But one day they are, then the next not. You know that. You gave me a special gift, a reminder. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Karlene! I received your letter in the mail box today :-) Thank you so much. Thinking of you and your family. Hope you have had a good celebration despite bad news. I will get you up to date with all that is going on here in Norway. Next week I'm moving to Oslo to start as an intern in the marketing department of a regional airline. But more on that later. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Cecilie! That's exciting news. I hope your family is doing well, and you all return to Seattle again. Would love to catch up on all you are doing, and looking forward to hearing about the new job.

      Delete
  3. Karlene,
    I am glad that, despite all, you were able to spend Christmas Eve with your family and to share that most valuable time with them. Even though I had to work over the holidays, I was blessed with having an elongated New Year's weekend off. But back to the grind tomorrow afternoon.

    One lesson that one can take out of Hanukkah is that no matter what forces try to destroy the very essence of your being, a person can always overcome these forces and come out shining not only bright like a diamond, but eight of them.

    I hope your Christmas with family was meaningful and that this New Year will bring empowerment and strength to overcome all the obstacles that you face!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, Thank you so much for sharing a Hanukkah lesson. I love that. We can be patient and survive the pressure to emerge strong and shining bright.
      Happy New Year my friend! And I hope you had a wonderful Hanukkah!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!