Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flight For Safety: Super Sized!

I have been busily typing and editing and adding new chapters. Changed the ending and then finally put my novel together into one document last night. I'm done with this rendition. 

"But Houston, I have a problem!"



OH NO! 
I got a little carried away with the writing.

Who said size is not an issue?
It is when it's a novel!


506 Pages
154,104 words.


I'm headed to Atlanta tomorrow for 0600 Friday morning bounces in the simulator. Stopping by Austin on my way home to play with my Grandson and give my daughter and son-in-law a break for the night. And returning Saturday night. I'm leaving Flight For Safety in the hands of the executive
editor, at Jet Star Publishing, to evaluate what has to go. This is one of the greatest challenges of writing. So I will get my carving tool out, and craft away, when I return.

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene   

12 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. What a tremendous amount of work. Even cutting 10% you will still have 135K. Fantastic.

    Thank you for your comments over my way. Conversation is good and I really appreciate you bringing your reason, compassion and logic.

    If you wanted to add a couple of blogs to your daily rounds Erica and Joe have two great writing sites. And mustang’s family WWII history is simply inspiring and tear jerking at the same time. I am always looking for some good blogs as well. If you have a couple of suggestions, I will be glad to know it.
    Joe: http://thecrossovertest.com/
    E rica: http://eurekawrote.blogspot.com/
    Mustang: http://p47koji.wordpress.com/

    Have fun at the sim and even more fun with the grandkids. Shout at you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, you are so welcome. And thank you! Excellent blogs I shall add. Check out the list to the right... there are many. I need to break them into books and blogs. I kind of have them all together. Hopefully everyone will check out those blogs too!

      Delete
  2. Take your copy of Stephen King's ON WRITING to Atlanta! He regularly writes books that are REALLY long (too long, I would think, but his fans don't seem to mind). His advice is great re how to cut the first draft by 10% (or more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find my copy! Since I read your comment I've been looking at my shelves. I must have loaned it out. So, just ordered another. GREAT book! I couldn't sleep last night as I was going through my mind how to fix this dilemma. Awoke thinking about it. I shall figure it out. The puzzle of writing. Thanks for your comment. And great idea.

      Delete
  3. You can do it! I'm in the middle of editing another book right now, but once I'm done with it I'd love to look over yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll get it down from the 500 pages first. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Wow that is definitely a bit on the rotund side. But hey, better to cut than to add as I always say. Congrats on finishing! Let me know if you need a formatter or cover designer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying my novel is fat? lol. Yes... easier to cut. But, I just came up with something that needs to be "added!" Oh no! lol.

      Delete
  5. If you need any references to Flight For Control please do not hesitate to ask. Planning when to do the 6th and 7th reviews. Enjoy the bounces and feel free to stop by and see the facelift at CaptainAboard.com Speaking of editing, I also enhanced your bio under "Our Crew"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so funny! I just emailed you a question. Thank you!!! I will stop by for sure!

      Delete
  6. Take your time, take your time! Anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT!! I 2nd the King's "On Writing"--one of the best books on writing, EVER! Come to think of it, I could do with another read through, lol!

    152k is MIGHTY impressive! GL cutting, hacking, pruning and clipping! We're super excited for ya! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cap'n Aux! I'm excited too. Yes, I will take the saw out if I have to. I love the King's on writing. And... looking forward to the new arrival. And thanks for the advice. It will be worth the time it takes to make it right.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!