Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oh Gosh, More at Oshkosh!

Okay... this could be a trick question but... 


What is better than being at Oshkosh 
and watching cool planes?


Watching the B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" taxi up.
But what is better than that?


Linda, Amanda and me. Three Northwest Airlines Pilots

Having your girlfriend text you,
 and ask if you want to take a ride!


Does it get any better than this? Yes!
 Karen and Austin have a seat too!


The Most Awesome Experience flying with the canopy open 
for that perfect Kodak moment.  





A HUGE THANK YOU to the crew: 
Neil, Rick, and Hollywood Bill1


 Neil and Rick


Bill and me

 One... maybe two or three...Happy Campers.



 The day wouldn't be complete without gifting our gracious hosts with a copy of Flight For Control.

A gorgeous plane. Part of History. It wasn't possible to wipe the smile off our faces. The smell of the plane was somewhat erotic. I'm thinking I could have a love affair with this machine. Which Rick lovingly called a pig with the a big ass who apparently runs out of rudder. But I think she's beautiful.

Linda and Neil, thank you both for a great day. And Maria and Lilly... you're both growing up way too fast. It was great to see you all the way across the country!

Tomorrow... Women Soar. Time with the teenagers...more fun to come.

Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene

18 comments:

  1. Karlene this is way too cool. I am so glad that you had the chance to ride in such an amazing aircraft and to be with our Northwest family. The more photos I see the more my appetite is growing to go next summer. Please keep these photos coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy. I know! I will keep the photos coming. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought you might be. It was so wonderful and I can't thank Linda and Neil enough. What a great day.

      Delete
  3. How amazing! The things you get to do just blow my mind sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blew my mind too. Very amazing. I might have to learn how to fly this one.

      Delete
  4. Like Jeremy said, this is too good to be missing out on! Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is loads of fun. Hey... what to come and be a counselor at Women Soar next year? I'm thinking you should!

      Delete
  5. K-
    Don't worry....all aviators get that smile when they fly Boeing products.

    Tim 8DME_W_ORD (TDY to Capt's House MT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't get that smile ... that would be so sad. Yes... still smiling!

      Delete
  6. Now you see how Oshkosh has a way of making and taking its own schedule! Walking past a hangar today a group rushed out and consumed us for 30minutes - it is an amazing family; Aviation is a medicine and it really does change lives, one flight at a time... except at Oshkosh there are many flights at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B-17 is my favorite old warbird. I'm the only person that has never had a ride in on. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite too. Okay... we're going to get you a ride one day. It's on our bucket list.

      Delete
  8. I got to fly on the Aluminum Overcast a few years ago! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You have done so many great things in your life... keep them coming!

      Delete
    2. You too?!
      Where do I get in the line where I don't have to spend $450? :-)

      Delete
    3. It's all about timing. Being in the right place at the right time. One day, you will be surprised. :) Do you fly taildraggers...and any in your club?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!