Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Motivation...New Year's Resolutions

"It is in setting goals and new
challenges for myself that I am
able to graciously move forward
in life - without cause for
hesitation or the need to ever
look back."

Eleesha~


New Year's Resolutions = Short Term Goals


This is the perfect time of year to set goals for the year. To identify what we want, and create the steps to make them happen. Put in writing and shout to the world what you want to accomplish... and then do it. There is power in making the statement, "I am going to..."

Short term goals are the stepping stones that take you to your dreams.


This year... a few of my resolutions include:

  • Exercise daily.
  • Make sleep a priority.
  • Write an A330 study guide.
  • Write Flight 007.
  • Sell 100,000 books.
  • Smile every day.
  • Identify the positive in everything that happens.
  • Complete one major project in my house a month: Tiling. Painting. New fence. Etc.

On a side note... I'm in Lagos. We had two takeoffs and two landings to get here, and a 17 hour duty day. One landing included declaring an emergency. Photos and lessons learned to come. But first, I need to find my camera cable to upload photos.

Enjoy the Journey... that's what life is all about.

XOX Karlene

6 comments:

  1. "One landing included declaring an emergency" ???!!??

    Do tell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're safely on the ground, Karlene! That's quite a list of goals, wow! If anyone can do all that, it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds like a flight with an interesting tale. So glad you arrived safely! I love your goals for the new year. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.B. More to come when I find Seattle. Yes... I will tell. But, it will all be "fiction." And a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda, Now I just need to learn how to say, "no" so I have time for it all. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Heather, more book fodder for sure! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!