Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pilots for Kids

It's that time of year when we visit the kids at Seattle's Children's Hospital.


Pilots for kids is a group of pilots that visit the children who are the hospital during the holiday months. Today we made some little bodies smile, and I recruited a couple future pilots, too.

"This is where the picture of a cute little girl, holding her cockpit panel poster with her ladybug pillow pet. But I was just notified I cannot post it unless I had written permission. Her mother had said it was alright, but I didn't know the written rule part. She was a doll. Next time I'll know better."




Pilot Bryan and his wife Lisa even drove up from Portland to attend. That's dedication of giving of yourself during the holidays. Thank you both for making the drive.



It's a good thing my fellow pilots do each year, and I'm fortunate to have the ability to join them. Happy Holidays everyone. Thank you for the support of the children.

And today is the day we are announcing the Holiday Gift Winners. Click HERE to find out if you're on the list. Then email me your snail mail address so we can get your prizes to you.

Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season.

XOX Karlene

2 comments:

  1. yay i'm a weiner i mean winner!
    Happy Holidays, some day I shall do the same! :))

    ps. he really liked that pink/light purple unicorn didn't he? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undoubtedly that's a fantastic event, especially for children. I remember when I was a child and I was at Maiquetía International Airport in Venezuela. I was standing with a friend of mine at the platform where one used to see the planes land and take off. Then we saw how a KLM 747 landed, taxed and stopped in front of us. Some minutes later the captain stood up from his seat, but the co-pilot was still there and started looking through the window, then he saw us and waved his right hand to us. My friend and I were like :O How happy we felt in that moment so I can barely understand how happy those children at the hospital must've felt with all those pilots there with them.

    Happy Christmas to everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!