Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Party's Over

Pick the Ponies final day was yesterday.

I had the winner of the first race!


Then ....


See the horse on the rail... inside post position... he was mine! And he ended up 3rd place at the wire. That pretty much explains the day. I had 1-winner, 2- 2nd place, 2- 3rd place, 3- 4th place, 1- 5th, and a 7th. I was hitting the board, but no pays for me.

Breeders Cup races were surprises. $99 pays and then some. The frustrating part of the day, my last three tickets I had hunches on those long shots that came in. Just one! I couldn't pull the plug. Too many hunches, too many excellent horses--12-14 in each race.  There were inquiries, objections and horses taken off the board. My husbands horse actually took out my horse in one race. But they pulled him off the board, but I didn't get more than 4th.

I ended up 34th out of 200 in the tournament. Missed cashing $500 by "200" points. So frustrating. The full prize was just the right hunch away.

Now I need a vacation from my vacation!

But first-- handicapping a Pick Six for the second half of the Breeders Cup races, and yelling for Zenyatta today.  Heather, this is where I could win my million. There's a $2 million carryover, and with today's wagers, could pay up to $4 million dollars!

Flying home and a sleepover with my granddaughter. I have next week on days off.
Plan: Finishing my novel. Some major rewrites, but I'll do it!


Enjoy the Journey~

Have a wonderful day!

Karlene

2 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed for you! That would be a perfect end to your vacation, win a million and finish your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Last night I finished inputting my edits. Now the rewrite. First millionaire status. A busy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!